A few months ago, I fell in love with a particular recipe or food or snack. The ‘Oat’ pancake.
At first I had my doubts when I first came across the recipe, I wasn’t sure if I would like how it would taste; I love my pancakes but I decided to give it a try because at that time I was on a health conscious journey. I was trying to lose weight around my belly and get rid of the extra tyre rings I had around my middle belt.
So I jumped the recipe and decided to give a go, and the results (the pancake taste that is) were amazing. Sure it didn’t taste like normal pancakes but it stopped my cravings. I was hooked. It is a good substitute and the benefits of oatmeal are endless.
- Oatmeal lowers cholesterol levels
- It improves digestion for those of you who find it hard try it.
- It lowers your blood pressure
- It is filling, so if you have it in the morning be rest assured that you are covered till in the afternoon, say bye-bye to pecking.
Find below my customized oats recipe
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of almond milk or coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons of honey
- Blueberries, Strawberries or any fruit of your choice
- I grind my oats to powdery form using a grinder
- In a blender, pour your oats powder and your milk, blend until mixture is smooth
- Pour in your eggs, honey and fruit of choice, blend until smooth.
- I don’t like heating up my pan with oil so I would just add a drop of olive oil in my batter
- Let it stand for 10 – 30 minutes. You can leave it overnight in the fridge for best results.
- Pour batter unto previously heated pan and fry until golden brown on each side
- You can serve with honey, maple syrup, peanut butter or fruit.